Saturday, July 08, 2006

to rot or not

the connection went down
and i left with silence to ponder
i swam to its far end
and turned backward
watching the ripples fade
as it caught up with me
till only my heart set its pressure outward
echoing among not even a leaf
for the dark cell
wishing for its owner
rang absent of an answer

scrapping crumbs of a faded past
where clicking heels led me in
to tantalizing hors dourves
eagerly dished out
in the palms of polished nails
only to be snatched away
snarling at the deep hunger
it shakes pointed fingers upon

'suffer yes
but complaints may be left in the corner
piling high
for you to relish
and feed from
because you are your own food
and I your tax'

'I will come for your tears
when time allows
till then you may pen
please for my eyes to see
and if they reek of pleasure for me
I might end your rot
or not'

No comments: